4. Regional Directors shall be elected for a term of two years, beginning on July 1.
5. One voting Regional Director Alternate will be recognized as such by the Executive Board. The Alternate will be able to exercise voting privileges in the absence of the Regional Director.
6. If a vacancy occurs in either the Regional Director or the Alternate position before the term expires, the President shall appoint a person to fill the vacancy subject to the approval of the Executive Board.
E.Regional Directors' Coordinator
1. The Regional Directors' Coordinator is appointed by the President, with the approval of the Executive Council, for a period of one year, beginning July 1.
2. The Regional Directors' Coordinator shall be a current member of the MASP Executive Board. The Coordinator shall have had at least one year of service with MASP as a Board member immediately preceding his or her appointment as Coordinator.
3.The duties of the Regional Directors' Coordinator will be to assist the Regional Directors in fulfilling their responsibilities and to assist the Executive Council in communications with the Regional Directors. Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Council as needed.
4. The Regional Directors’ Coordinator shall conduct a review of the regional structure every three years.